Stumble, Stumbling, Stumbled, Stumped


Inadequately I stumble, I tremble, I mumble to try and create something adequate [to write] to read.

Promptly complicated thusly
overrated—meander seems
appropriate now.
round and round I go with a
word in each pocket and a pen like a rocket
but with a mind that’s moving too slow.

I’m stuck on a dream two days old,
a fairly ordinary scene that’s succinct
and pretty boring.

there must be something more there.
there must be something more to see.
there must be something I’m
missing, now listing each person, each object, each scene
to recreate to make a speech to
loudly applaud what language can teach,
to play hide and seek each syllable hidden, to tremble
with fear that I’ve written all
there is to write. But wait.
Here it is now again and I have arrived
at this line and everyone is here.

Now again
Now again
Now again

But wait let me start from
the beginning [Ah-hem] : Inadequately
I’ve stumbled, I’ve trembled, I’ve mumbled the
story, which goes like this:

Once upon a time there was a poet. She had a pen.

The End


                                    Cheetah Bird Courtesy MailChimp  2013

4 comments:

  1. I can't go on I must go on
    one foot
    after the other tripping
    tipping
    forward

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's all you need, you see.

    Your dream intact, expanded and expounded, and now let loose to the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If one were to consider including the quote unquote fairly boring dream two days old, a writer and a reader may find that it adds texture.

    ReplyDelete